24 hour notice for every showing…well this is a nice dream. As much as we try to plan ahead…the reality is our sellers many times have only a few hours if not a brief moment to get their home or property into a presentable state.
Below are some tips to prepare for a showing in a hurry…
In a competitive market, having a home in the best possible condition can help attract buyers. A clean and clutter-free home often gives the impression of a well-kept home. When pressed for time, hitting these high notes can help leave a positive impression with buyers in twenty minutes or less.
- Kitchen: wipe down counters and fixtures with baby wipes; put away toaster, coffee maker, and can opener; empty garbage.
- Bathrooms: wipe down vanity and fixtures with baby wipes; wipe the mirror down with Windex; hide the garbage; put out fresh towels.
- Floors: vacuum all carpet; mop tile and wood.
- Furniture: run a dusting cloth over furniture.
- Clutter: pick up and conceal all clutter. Place in a bag, and tuck away in a closet or garage.